AT For Employment
Initially we recommend that you-
- Establish and identify the needs of the prospective AT user
- By encouraging disclosure of disability in the workplace
- Getting a disability audit to help draw up a plan on how to make the workplace more accessible.
- Seek funding. - see also ‘Sources of Funding Section’
- Adapt existing Technology and Equipment- (see also ‘Low Cost/ Low Tech Solutions’ section)
Explore the options available in terms of Specialised Assistive Technology - Some disability Service Providers offer an assessment service to select the most suitable Assistive Technology.